Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Out with the old. In with the new.

Light's been blinding me from what I thought I'd see
Is there clarity in this insanity?
What do you want from me?
Roads in front of me, taking me astray
Are you leaving me? or are you leading the way?
Can you hear what I'm saying?

I need to know. I need to know. I need to know. I need to know.

Feel like I'm trying to breath under water
Trying to climb but I keep falling farther
Will you take my hand?
Feel so far away
wanna see your face
are you even there?
Can you show me?
Can you make me believe?

I need to know. I need to know. I need to know. I need to know.

I need to know. I need to know.

-Kris Allen, I need to know

It's been a long year... a long three years actually. I've been through several different places, spiritually, emotionally, mentally, and I guess even physically. I never would have thought that I could travel to and from such extremes to places that, one year ago, I told myself I would never be, or I guess more accurately, places I told myself I would never leave. I don't know what I what anymore.

It seems more often than not, I'm surrounded by unknowns. I've moved from this place where I've felt like I know everything; what the future holds, where I want to go with my life, how God is working, who matters most to me. Now it's just all up in the air. I guess that's what happens when you claim to have faith. Of course I had faith when everything was simple and everyone was where I needed them to be. So it only makes sense that God take some of that away... right?

Why is it that sometimes the thing that is farthest from what I want to do, is the thing I feel God calling me to?

As I get older and grow in all aspects of my life, while many things become more unknown, and the horizon just gets more and more open, there are those things that just begin to get crystal clear.

God is faithful.
Everything really works, upside down.
Love wins.

The only way to move forward and to grow is to get rid of the old, and bring in the new. For a child to get their adult teeth, the baby ones must come out. For a snake to get a newer, tougher skin, the old one has to shed. When a bird is getting in new feathers, they pluck the old ones out. Chew on that

God is the only one who can make me new, and He is doing just that.

My soul cries out. My soul cries out for you.
These bones cry out. These dry bones cry for you, to live and move
'Cause only You can raise the dead, can lift my head up.

Jesus, You're the one who saves us, constantly creates us into something new
Jesus, surely you will find us.
Surely our Messiah will make all things new.
Will make all things new.

Life is breaking out, it's breaking out
Life is breaking out, it's breaking out, it's breaking out
And life is breaking out, it's breaking out, it's breaking out

Jesus, You're the one who saves us
Constantly creates us into something new
Jesus, surely you will finds us
Surely our Messiah will make all things new
Will make all things new

-Gungor, Dry Bones

1 comment:

  1. thank you for posting this. for having the courage to give voice to the struggles and questions you feel. for having the bravery to live boldly in that tension ... to not give up hope; but to fight, love, and feel.

    "everything really works, upside down." brilliant statement, with major implications. that's going to mess with me for a while.

    ReplyDelete