Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Do it for Jesus

I'm speaking to you out of deep gratitude for all that God has given me, and especially as I have responsibilities in relation to you. Living then, as every one of you does, in pure grace, it's important that you not misinterpret yourselves as people who are bringing this goodness to God. No, God brings it all to you. The only accurate way to understand ourselves is by what God is and by what he does for us, not by what we are and what we do for him. (Romans 12:3 MSG)

It's not about us. It's not about us at all. Every day we need to leave ourselves in the grave and put on Christ. Nothing good that we do is of us but it's him living in us. We are not good so we could never be good enough to earn or be worthy of the great gift that we have been given. We could never be worthy on our own. So give it up. Stop trying to meet the mark of the law. You can't do it. You are setting yourselves up for failure. Instead take all of that list checking, rule keeping energy and throw yourselves into the lives of the poor and needy.

No one is perfect. No one knows everything and no one is going to ever do everything right. Likewise is no body or congregation of people perfect. Getting it as close to perfect as possible still isn't perfect and doesn't make any body better or more right than another body. All have fallen short. So stop fighting. Stop picking eachother apart and bringing eachother down. Instead use all of that fighting and picking energy to band together for a greater cause. For the cause of Christ. The real cause of Christ. To serve in love. That's what the gospel is about.

Do it all in the name of God. He is who makes you capable. He is the one who gives you your very existence and breathes life into you. Breathe life into others. Lift eachother up. Give where there is need. Grow roots into eachothers lives that run deep.

I really want to see what it would look like. I don't want to just talk about it. I want to do something about it. I want to make it happen. I don't know how but I know God will show me. Start the revolution with me. Please. For Jesus.

No comments:

Post a Comment