Saturday, July 21, 2007

God is Good, All the Time

Praise God for His amazing plans.

This summer wasn't off to the best start. I had doubts about what I was supposed to be doing. I swore that I was meant to use this summer to strengthen my relationship with Lisa before she left. Then the idea of the intersnship came up and I just knew that that's where God wanted me. When those plans fell through, I just didn't understand. God quickly showed me that there was a reason, when Summer asked me to come to Camp Concern with her. Boy was that one of the best decisions I made this summer. I had an amazing time praising God, meeting brothers and sisters in Christ, and growing closer to Summer. Camp Concern is such an amazing place. The park was beautiful. God was all around us all the time, and what's better than that? I met so many amazing people who I never would have met if it weren't for God working through Summer to get me there.

God is so faithful and I have truly seen that in the past couple months. Just when I start to doubt, He shows me that he has a plan for me. He knows what my life is supposed to be, and he knows how to get me there. I just need to have faith in Him and patience with His timing, and I will get there.

This past week working at Manatawny was awesome as well. I met several new people and grew closer to other people I didn't know so well. It still amazes me to see how quickly I can feel so close to someone after one good conversation or just being with them. Relationships built on a love for God are just so strong and encouraging.

I could go on forever about all the great memories I've made and all the people who have touched my life but it doesn't matter. What matters is that God is good. Without Him in my life I would not be who I am today, and I would not be as happy as I am right now.

Every day that I go through seems to make me even more excited for my future. I know that God has great plans for my life, and I can't wait to see them unfold. I pray that I stay strong in Him through this year, and that I shine His light. I pray that others see Him in me, and that because of that light, I can change lives.

1 comment:

  1. Amen. God is good! Im glad your getting excited about the future, its an exciting time right now! Love you!

    ReplyDelete