Friday, July 18, 2008

Everything'll be alright

This morning I was thinking about a scripture I fell in love with last summer.

Though one may be overpowered, two can defend themselves. A cord of three strands is not quickly broken. Ecclesiastes 4:12

This was really powerful to me. Eric had it on the back of a picture he had in his bible. I thought it was so cool. It's so true too. The more threads there are in a cord, the stronger it is.

Well this summer, a year later, I've come to a realization. Any cord, no matter how thick has an end. Even if it's melted together, or tied there is a weak point in the cord. So at any point in time, after wear and tear and every day use, or if any stress is put on it, this point could begin to deteriorate and the threads can quickly unravel. If the threads aren't working together on the same goals, or headed in the same direction they're not so strong anymore.

I feel like my strongest cord, the one I love so much, the one that's made of all my favorite colors, has fallen apart. I don't know if it can be put back together. That breaks my heart.

Some things in this life are only temporary. That's why we fix our eyes on things that are unseen. I'm just glad I could have it as long as I did.

So we fix our eyes not on what is seen, but on what is unseen. For what is seen is temporary, but what is unseen is eternal. 2 Corinthians 4:18

No comments:

Post a Comment