Saturday, September 17, 2011

Love Conquers All

There's a whole bunch going on in my head right now. I'm sorting through all kinds of ideas about God and Jesus, grace and love, the law and salvation. Lots of things. My brain hurts. What's even worse is that I don't know how to articulate any of it to anyone. I wouldn't even know where to begin to share with you my thoughts. There's so much and it's all intertwined. It's messy and it's real... Kind of like Christianity, or at least what I think Christianity should be.


None of that really matters because that's all about me. What really matters is love... because that's all about Him.


God is love. Love covers a multitude of sins. The penalty of sin is death. Jesus conquered death.


There is no fear in love, but perfect love casts out fear.


Fear is from Satan. We are afraid of death because that is the penalty of our sins. But none of it matters because God is love and Jesus is God and Jesus beat death. Love covers it all. Jesus covered it all. We have nothing to be afraid of. Jesus was perfect love and He cast out fear for us.


For fear has to do with punishment, and whoever fears has not been perfected in love.


Let Him perfect you in His love.

No comments:

Post a Comment